Colour:Grey (50mm x 10m)
S2S PLID Wrap Anti-Corrosion Tape is an industrial wax-based tape infused with an S2S high-performance, long-lasting rust inhibitor.
S2S PLID Wrap Anti-Corrosion Tape provides long-term adhesion to metal surfaces and requires no primer paste. Application is a simple, one-step process with minimal surface preparation. Unlike other petro tapes that require a 50-55% overlap, S2S PLID Wrap AntiCorrosion Tape requires a 30% overlap, resulting in substantial time and cost savings.
- Minimal surface preparation
- One-step application; no primer paste required
- Can be applied to wet, cold, painted and rusted surfaces
- Can be applied above and below ground
- Zero corrosion after > 1000 hrs in ASTM B117-18 salt spray test
- Wide range of operating temperatures
- Conforms to irregular shapes and profiles
- Long-lasting adhesion; does not sag
- Stops rust and corrosion long-term
- Works on dissimilar metals
Uses: •Piping • Pipelines • Fittings • Hydraulic hose fittings • Flanges • Valves • Dissimilar metals•Corrosion under insulation (CUI) • Structural steel and support bases•Pilings and pier structures • Threaded connectors • Offshore platforms•Water Treatment Plants • Fertilizer Plants • Marine applications
- Calculate product requirement. For assistance, see the Calculator Guide at www.ship-2-shore.com.
- Prepare surface by removing debris, dirt and degreaser. S2S PLID Wrap Anti-CorrosionTape can be applied to wet, dry, rusted and painted surfaces. No primer paste required.
- Spirally wrap the tape with a 30% overlap for 2” tape and a 1” overlap for 4” tape,ensuring tape remains in constant contact with the surface.
- For irregular surfaces, cut the tape and run strips along the surface. Overlap minimum of30% or 1”. The tape is extremely pliable and will conform to any shape.
- For underwater and subterranean applications, an outer wrap is recommended. Pleasecontact your sales representative for information.
Removal: For surface inspection, simply cut the tape and pull it back. Once inspected, the tape will conform back to its original form. For extra protection, add a strip of tape over the cut. For permanent removal, simply peel away the tape. A protective coating of S2S rust inhibitor will remain on the underlying surface. If removal of the rust inhibitor is needed, wash with a high pH soap and water.
Disposal: Dispose of contents and container in accordance with applicable regional, national and local laws and regulations.
Storage: Store in a well-ventilated place at room temperature. Shelf life is greater than 2 years.
|Appearance||Soft paste on cloth carrier|
|Salt Spray Chamber||>1000 hours (ASMT B117)|
|VOC content||wt. 50 g/L|
|Thickness||30.1 mils (ASTM D1000-17)|
|Adhesion to Steel||58 ozF/in. (ASTM D1000-17)|
|Dielectric Strength||140 V/mil (ASTM D1000-17)|
|Cathodic Disbondoment||0 mm corrosion at holiday due to cathodic protection: (ASTM G8-96(19)|
|Breaking strength and Elongation||20lbF; 47% elongation (ASTM D1000-17)|
|Water Vapor Transmission||1.3 perms (ASTM E96-16 Procedure A)|
|Flashpoint||152°C + / – 4°C (lowest temp: 148°C) (ASTM D3828)|
|Operating Temperature Range||-40°C to 84°C|
|Application Temperature Range||-18°C to 43°C|