Way Outs pigment utilizes a range of cost efficient and unique premium grade strontium aluminate based photo-luminescent pigments that are now revolutionizing the world of photoluminescence. Advantages of the crystals include brightness – the luminosity is higher than any other form of crystal. This is because the crystal are manufactured to our Patented formulation using only premium grade raw materials and our processing methods are designed to give the utmost purity to the finished product with the minimum grinding of the crystals.
The pigment used in our products are believed to be a world first in having the superior performance of a strontium type compound, that can be used in both water or solvent based applications and dispersed in paints, inks, ceramic glaze and extruded into most plastics and resins. The water proof pigment does not lose its glow in water or in water-based formulations. There are a wide range of particle sizes available which enable its use in applications where very fine particles are required or where larger particle sizes are suitable.
In daylight, pigment is pale green in colour. The level of daylight green color of our pigments varies due to particle size and performance grade. Higher glow pigments with larger particle size are more green than lower performance finer pigment. Some glow pigments have a whitish daylight color, such as the Sky Blue, White and Purple glow pigments.
Due to unique chemistry and crystal structure of our pigments, when formulated correctly, the inherent brightness can be significantly multiplied. This has enabled products to be developed that exceed all of the most stringent standards for emission the New York City recent RS- 6- 1 rule for photoluminescent egress path markings, IMO, ASTM and PSPA.
Way Out has developed techniques to enhance photon-emitting crystals (photo-luminescent pigment) with no known toxicity or radioactivity. The crystals will fully charge with as little as 1 minute of exposure to a light source and continue to emit light for hours. After complete discharge the process can be repeated without limit or deterioration of performance.
- Way Out’s pigments are a state of art Alumina-Silicate Photo-Luminescent (PL) pigment.
- Our PL pigment has a variable specific gravity permitting its use in areas and products that could not be dreamt of before.
- Our pigments will glow for hours on a single five minute charge. Unlike some other materials, such as Zinc Sulphide, which will struggle to glow for a single hour.
- Our PL pigment has a theoretical life span of 100,000 years and is UV stable. Unlike Zinc Sulphide.
- Our PL pigment produces no harmful radiation and is completely non-toxic.
- Our PL pigment is the most cost effective pigment of its type in the world.
- Our PL pigment can incorporate fluorescent properties and is available in 6 base fluorescent colours.